Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting down to business with some links.

I hoard links and save them for later. I don't have a ton, but I need to unload these from my browser before it crashes.

  • The coolest presentation you'll ever see: 10 things you didn't know about orgasm. The presenter is just as entertaining as the slideshow.
  • 20 funniest figure skating faces. Of course, in honor of the Olympics.Number 2 just does it to me.
  • Take this test!Commonly misused words. There is an answer key here with some great explanations, too.
  • the best diet information you'll ever read with a side order of Six of your favorite things that will make you fat It's amazing how many people know so little about...everything.
    Like this:
    New ways to make people lamer, dumber, and more lame. Some butt-wipe of a pediatrician wants to make HOT DOGS LESS DANGEROUS. FOR CHILDREN. See, adults and children alike are at risk of involuntary suicide because of their high levels of stupidity. The article explains that only 17% of choking incidents are even caused by hot dogs...so WHY should we change a delicious and awesomely phallic food for 17% of people? My favorite quote from the article is this: "No parents can watch all of their kids 100% of the time," Smith says. "The best way to protect kids is to design these risks out of existence.". That's right, dumb the world down its lowest common denominator. Rather than, you know, be a responsible parent. Or halfway intelligent human being.
    In honor of this, my friend also linked to Stupid Warning Labels and other idiotic warnings.
    I'm a cynic, I'm a realist, and I don't think ANYTHING should come with a warning. You should be tough and figure it out yourself and if you die, then hello natural selection.

    But I do like this video and song which may have been ripped off by this other band I kinda like. Very different types of music, similar video. I think I like them both.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment